Monday, March 9, 2009

Henry and Bertha Stark

Richard's family ask for pictures for his g-parents Stark. I found this picture and thought that I would post it. I not sure when the pictures was taken or now old they are, but I believe that it was probably within in a few years before my mother passed away. As you can see my hair color takes more after my mother's than my father's.

If mother were still alive she would have loved to spend time with her gg-children and getting to know them and letting them getting to know her. Some day they will get that chance. She loved her family and wish that she could have spend more time with time. She loved to go on long visits and had planned to do that after she retired. But unfortunately cancer took her before she had a chance.


My father loved to farm, build things, as well as fish, and hunt. He would have loved for the opportunity to take his gg-children out fishing and watching them pull in the “Big One”. There is nothing better than fresh caught fish. He was a strong willed man that some times had trouble showing now he felt and missed my mother a great deal after she passed away.


Each of my brothers and sisters have different memories of my parents because we all grew up during the different phases of our parents lives. Some of us were there during the hard times when life was challenging for a young couple with a very young family. Some of us were there during the aging years and witnessed the love and devotion that lasted beyond fresh young faces and lean bodies of their youth.


Please remember them as you raise your children and remind them that if their gg-parents were here they would be shown love and kindness.

1 comment:

  1. I know that Lorretta also has some good candid camera shots of G&G Stark. She has been hording them since we were kids. With todays technology she should have them scanned so all of us can enjoy them.
    I remember that Grandma was always smiling and nice and liked to give us animal crackers. I also remember going up to Grandpas cabin on the lake and I was always jealous because the boys got to go fishing on the boat but I couldn't go because I was too little or there wasn't enough room on the boat. I remember when I got older and learned to drive Grandpa let me drive him somewhere on a visit to Idaho. I think he was nervous because he was telling jokes about the other cars and trying to tell the other cars to stay away from our car because I was driving. He was funny and very charming.
    Our kids will know them from not only the stories we tell them, but also from knowing you because there is a piece of your parents in you. :)

    ReplyDelete